Saturday, June 23, 2007

BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA - ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL COUNTRYSIDE!

Wednesday, May 16th
Driving from Medjugorje to Dubrovnik - soooooooooooo beautiful!
To read a little on Bosnia-Herzegovina, please click below,

This is in Medjugorje, Bosnia-Herzegovina --

and if you look closely in the top left corner, I believe you see the cross from Cross Mountain, Mt. Krizevak








What a great place to live!

WOW! Look at that water! I wanna live there!!!!!!

Awesome how the homes "match"


Okay, so this person decided NOT to match the rest of the homes
(maybe an American?? Or Ivana Trump or Oprah Winfrey since both of them are buying some huge place in Dubrovnik! SMILE!)


I'm pretty sure I could live here!


Look at that water -- it's sooo clear!

GORGEOUS!

Soooo beautiful!
I'd enjoy being on that boat out on the water!

Cruise anyone?
BRIDGES
BEAUTIFUL BRIDGE ON THE WAY TO DUBROVNIK
FAMILIAR -- HOW???
So on our way to Dubrovnik we pass a beautiful bridge that looked so familiar...
but that's not possible, I've never been here before!
WAIT, my poor memory is coming back.
It looks like a bridge in Steubenville, Ohio, going into West Virginia.
HERE'S THE BRIDGE ON OUR WAY TO DUBROVNIK


***********************

HERE'S THE STEUBENVILLE, OHIO BRIDGE -- don't they look a lot alike???

Here's the funny story of WHY I would remember a bridge from our short vacation out to Steubenville.

FIRST, I LOVE WATER, AND I LOVE BRIDGES...but I mostly like "seeing" bridges -- okay, I'm a fair-weathered bridge person. Maybe I saw too many of the documentaries of the bridges swaying and cars falling off in the storms, etc.

:-)

Okay, we were out in Ohio for a vacation to see Franciscan Steubenville University and also to spend a week at Catholic Family Land. Upon arrival I see this huge bridge and I think, "Whew, thank goodness we're not going into West Virginia, that bridge looks like it's hanging from THREADS." ha ha

Well one day at camp it was so humid that I decided to drive back to our hotel & shower & take a long nap (who me??). I got slightly turned around leaving the hotel because "I" was driving & not Pat.

So, I'm yaking on my cell phone to, thankfully of all people, Father Avram although he was back in Redding, he lived in Steubenville for years! I say, "I think I took a wrong turn. OH, NO, I'M GOING INTO WEST VIRGINIA & WE'RE HAVING A HORRIBLE DOWNPOUR & THUNDERSTORM! I'M GOING OVER THAT BRIDGE. HELP! WHERE DO I GO? How do I get to Catholic Family Land?"

Too late, I was heading over the bridge in a terrible down pour and I hadn't yet driven the rental car, so I had no clue where the wipers were, I'm on the phone, trying to get directions, and I know I'm headed into another state without my family, and NO CLUE HOW TO GET TO THEM...PLUS I'M GOING ACROSS THAT SCARY LOOKING BRIDGE ALONE IN A STORM!

Well, okay, I'm exaggerating a little on how afraid I am of bridges, but I do prefer looking at them over driving over one in a STORM!

Amazing how certain things stick out in our memories -- like the times that we're practically terrified!

No comments: