Thursday, June 14, 2007

CROATIA - BUS RIDE FROM SPLIT TO MEDJUGORJE

Monday, May 14th
Being a very inexperienced world traveler, I had my preconceived ideas of what Croatia would look like. In the picture below, I was surprised that Croatia looked THAT GOOD....
I guess compared to what I experienced for the first time ever last year in Guatemala with true extreme poverty, my expectations were way off. The picture above looked pretty darn good to me!
WOW...Split, Croatia is looking waaaaay nicer that I ever imagined.
It is a larger city, but still beautiful.
Gorgeous!


Beautiful. I think I could live here!

Oh, my, I could definitely live here!
The Adriatic Sea is truly beautiful!
I LOVE WATER!


What a treat the gorgeous scenery was for our 3+ hour bus ride to Medjugorje.


The realization of being on a pilgrimage STARTED to become obvious about now - We were about half way to Medjugorje and stopped to use the WC (water closets, aka restrooms, tee hee hee) and we were asked to go FAST, get back in the bus FAST.

Fast would soon become a "suggestion" we would get used to hearing! {big giggles}

But we only had so much time, so thankfully the planned pilgrimage made the most out of our time! Thank you, Nada!


Mike going fast back onto the bus!


Padre with Brac, Croatia, in the background. This is where his grandmother lived a long time ago & he will visit in about a week to research family history!

No comments: