Saturday, June 23, 2007

MEDJUGORJE - VISIONARY VICKA

Wednesday, May 16th

What a way to start the day! We were so blessed to be among the pilgrims to see and hear a visionary in person. It's a gift that the visionaries grant to us pilgrims -- a personal visit with them (yes, many groups of pilgrims and with the use of a couple translators).
I had no idea what to expect. What I experienced was much more than I could have ever imagined. I'm sure all of the pilgrims had a variety of experiences in hearing Vicka speak, but for me, it was the PEACE and JOY that just radiated from her. It was infectious to the point of finding myself with a huge smile on my face and leaning forward hanging on every word, or practically leaning on my dear friend next to me for support so I wouldn't fall while being completely mesmerized by Vicka's grace & love!
This is Vicka
(not the best cropped picture, sorry)
but I wanted to try to show you the joy with which she speaks to the pilgrims.
Pilgrims gather to hear Vicka. Unfortunately for us, they had a change of plans and the morning we attended was not translated into English, but thankfully Father Avram would translate some from the Italian & Polish (?). Also once we got into the bus, of course, our wonderful guide Nada told us the message Vicka had for us.
To read more about the visionaries, click below:
A little roadside store next to Vicka's.
Pilgrims & locals hang out and chat. Look closely & you'll see Joe -- wearing jeans and a white shirt and holding his jacket -- he works for Nada (I believe). He is an incredibly wonderful, peaceful, & kind man. Funny, too, Joe's looks reminded me of my dad! It was awesome seeing Joe carrying around his Liturgy of the Hours every day & praying every chance he had. Amazing!

What a great & colorful photo (thanks Mike - our AAAAWESOME PHOTOGRAPHER!)

No comments: